We are God's Garden!



My aunt turned 96 this month
and I wanted to make her
something special.
I found an old frame in my stash of "junk".

I paint a lot of backgrounds and I chose one to 
use for my framed picture.
You can also use cardstock or wallpaper scraps,
or whatever paper you have lying around.

I cut up the paper to fit the backing of the frame.
Do not glue it down yet!
Then I also chose a contrasting color to cut out
for a flower shape, a green piece of paper for the stem
 and another small piece for the center of the flower.
 Next I looked for a button.

I think sewing always adds a bit of whimsy
and I like hand sewing better than using a sewing machine!
I sewed on the button and added
stitches to the stem.
 Now here's the part some of you will say,
"But I don't know how to draw!!!"
My sister Peggy says that she learned 
how to draw by tracing!
She said that if you trace faces often enough,
the muscles of your hand will remember
and eventually you will know how to draw faces!!!
So if you don't know how to draw a face in profile,
find a picture and trace it!

Of course I always encourage you to draw your own face
because there is a certain charm to imperfect faces!
Look at Picasso's lopsided faces!

Next step is to paint the face.
I like the Bible verse about we being God's garden or field.
(1 Corinthians 3:9)
I believe we are all God's flowers and blooms.
This is what I wrote for my aunt:
"We are God's garden
and you are one of the blooms."
Use a permanent pen
like Pigma Micron Pen.

If you don't like your handwriting,
you can always use a computer,
cut out the words and paste it on.
But like sewing,
handwriting also adds charm,
uniqueness
and your personal signature
to anything you make!

Here's the finished piece,
all framed
after gluing it on to the frame back.

A lot of times we don't have the time to make something!
Here are some flower themed products
where you can add
"We are God's garden,
and YOU are one of the blooms!"

Hide the note inside this pochette!
Put the message on a stick
and attach it to this wreath.
Here is something you can add any special message to!
And how about writing the words on 
on the squares of this tic tac toe set!

All products above may be found at
papemelroti.com

You may want to see 
other do it yourself projects at
Show Me What Ya Got at Not Just a Housewife 

Blessings,

Comments

  1. Oh I'm so happy to find your blog! I've used your beautiful recycled paper notebooks for my journal back in high school and finding them recently, I decided to create a blog about handwriting :)

    My first post has a photo of my old papemeloriti journals which I hope you could check out :) Dress Up Your Handwriting http://bit.ly/O8FR61

    So nice to find you here! I'm now one of your followers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful Patsy! You should add it to my Perpetual Parades linky for paintings and drawings. Have a Blessed Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's party time over at Debt Free Mommy Blog and you're invited!! Please stop on in and link up with Making Space Mondays. We look forward to seeing any post(s) about making your space better. Hope to see you there. -Tabitha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patsy, Thank you so much for sharing this creative post on Simple & Sweet Fridays. You are a fantastic artist!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in love with DIY crafts with a vintage-y feel. These stuff would look good in a coffee shop. Thanks for the ideas!

    http://eleighllaneras.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're so talented! The card is wonderful, and your ideas are too. I'm so glad you joined us!
    Blessings, Doni

    ReplyDelete
  7. this blog is really creative and beautiful :) love this..<3
    Pawn My Rolex

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thats a nice blog which give a suitable info about garden accessories thanks to share such type of info with us.I want to continue with your blogs.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi! We are happy to hear from you! Thank you for dropping by and telling us what you think!

Very Important: To be consistent with quality standards, all comments with commercial | advertising links will be removed.

 

Shop



Follow







 



Get the latest papemelroti updates in your inbox!

Calendar