The Easiest Way to Make a Journal




My journal is all filled up
and I decided to make my own
to avoid what happened here!


I folded some 8 1/2" x 11" kraft and white papers
in half.


Then I punched holes in the folded papers
with a two hole punch.


Here are the papers for my journal.


Next I looked for an old leather jacket.


After putting the pages through two rings,
I auditioned the pages on the leather I cut from the jacket.


I then sewed the rings on to the leather,
making sure to sew on both sides of the screws
so that the rings won't fall off.



I then found a long piece of leather from 
the sleeve portion of the jacket.
I made two slits on the cover and inserted the strip of leather.


I then sewed some buttons to hold it all together.
I also used a glue gun to keep the strip in place.






I now have a journal to put my reflections in!
And it only took less than an hour to make! 
If you want to see some of my drawings 
and read my reflections,
come and visit me at HeARTworks.



Of course, if you don't have the time or inclination
to make a journal,
you can always drop by our stores 
and find some really nice ones!






If you would like to receive 
our monthly newsletters,
and put subscribe in the subject line.


You may want to see 
other do it yourself projects at
Show Me What Ya Got at Not Just a Housewife 

Blessings,

Comments

  1. Wow!you used a recycled material to make a gift. This is a great Christmas gift ideas for me to know. I tried to make one like this. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog is amazing and inspirational! I'm not creative but I love to look at how others make crafts. Don't you have an RSS feed? I'd like to be able to see when new posts come in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that cover! Super bonus points for recycling, too ;)

    Thanks so much for linking up at I Gotta Create!
    <3 Christina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool, I love it! Thanks for sharing at The Fun In Functional!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like how it turned out. it's pretty

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi! We are happy to hear from you! Thank you for dropping by and telling us what you think!

Very Important: To be consistent with quality standards, all comments with commercial | advertising links will be removed.

 

Shop



Follow







 



Get the latest papemelroti updates in your inbox!

Calendar