How I made my Fabric Journal Cover!




I started a new journal for the year
and wanted to make a fabric cover.
I cut up some cardboard 
a little bigger than the pages inside
which were half the size of a short coupon bond.

 Next I looked through my stash of cloth
and lace

and buttons and ribbons....
I keep a lot of these, just in case...

I audition the cloth and embellishments
to see how it looks.

Then I start doing embroidery-
cross stich, blanket stitch, etc.
Just doing what makes me happy.


I have to make the cloth big enough 
to cover the front and back.


Next I folded the cloth in half,
with the front side facing each other.
Then I traced the cardboard cover on to the cloth
with pencil.
I then sewed it up on the wrong side
with running stitch, making sure that it won't be 
a tight fit for the cardboard cover.

 I then invert the cloth, insert the cardboard cover
and thin fiberfill stuffing.
I put holes in the cover using a fine pair of scissors.

Here is the finished product!

If you would like to receive 
our monthly newsletters,
and put subscribe in the subject line.

You may want to see 
other do it yourself projects at
Show Me What Ya Got at Not Just a Housewife 

Blessings,

Comments

  1. Totally gorgeous! Thank you for sharing. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Love the products in your side bar as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your stash and the cover is lovely. You make it look like it's so easy to make. I'm still new at sewing but I'm bookmarking your tutorial for future reference.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your beautiful project at Simple & Sweet Fridays. So pretty!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful job! Thanks for linking up at Family Fun Friday. I need to make one of these for my planner. :-)
    I'll be checking here for other ideas as I have time to create.
    Thanks,
    Monica http://happyandblessedhome.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi! We are happy to hear from you! Thank you for dropping by and telling us what you think!

Very Important: To be consistent with quality standards, all comments with commercial | advertising links will be removed.

 

Shop



Follow







 



Get the latest papemelroti updates in your inbox!

Calendar