Dyeing with Tea




I love vintage fabrics and lace.  But I know how expensive it is and I do not like expensive!!!



So I use tea to dye fabrics, laces and ribbons to create vintage looking projects.





Sometimes I do not even know what will happen when I start a project.  Here I looked for fabric, lace, ribbons that I can combine to make a vintage looking fabric collage.  

Included in this pile:
a Indian blouse I have used for years
(but there's a hole in it so I decided
it had to be retired even if I love wearing it!),
a torn tablecloth with a lot of 
torn Battenburg lace and various lace blouses
(I bought these in an ukay-ukay,
a second hand shop).
I dyed all of it, plus some ribbons in a tea bath.




Then I looked for a picture that could pass for an old one.  I chose one of my sister whose
birthday is coming up.  Then I transferred it to some tea dyed cloth.


You can use transfer paper bought in bookstores or craft shops.  There are other ways too,

using mod podge, etc.  Just look in google and see what kind of transfer you would like to use!



Then you audition pieces, tearing the fabric, cutting out pieces of lace, and moving it around your photo.


Then, when you are happy with the placement of the pieces, pin it up.


Then sew it up.


I used running stitch all over.  So simple!  And for the ribbon, I pulled the stitches to make a ruche.


Then I attached the ribbon to add some shiny texture.  I didn't follow my first plan, I changed it a bit!


Here is the finished product.  

I added some buttons, and a metal heart from a bracelet I took apart.

I quite like it!  I think my sister will like it too!

by Patricia Paterno



See more crafts at


Comments

  1. Anonymous1:18 PM

    Very interesting post.Thanks for sharing...I agree with you that people can save their time through online shopping.I really appreciate your blog, this blog help you to find your gift from online shoping .

    send flowers philippines

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi! We are happy to hear from you! Thank you for dropping by and telling us what you think!

Very Important: To be consistent with quality standards, all comments with commercial | advertising links will be removed.

 

Shop



Follow







 



Get the latest papemelroti updates in your inbox!

Calendar